Home » comments

Send us your comments!

23 October 2009 8 Comments

Tell us what you think of The End of Poverty? and we’ll post your comments on the Cinema Libre Studio News Blog and on The End of Poverty? website! Just watch the trailer and clips or the 20 minute preview (email grassroots@cinemalibrestudio.com with your name, address, phone number and we’ll mail you a copy) and send your thoughts to grassroots@cinemalibrestudio.com!

Be Sociable, Share!

8 Comments »

• Hans Zandvliet said:

6.5 billion congratulations with this most excellent among brilliant documentaries. I sincerely hope this one will get the message through. Working for the Bolivian Mission to the UN, I saw it last wednesday at the UN Headquarters.
    I watched your reading list of books on your website. A good couple of them I read or heard of myself: I saw there’s still enough reading for me to do.
    I’d like to recommend a book of Riane Eisler that really should be on this list too: “The Real Wealth of Nations”. She argues that we should and can exchange our dominator society for a partnership society and include the caring and care giving domestic work, voluntary work and the life giving natural resources of our Mother Earth into our perception of economy. The first we should stop to dominate are our own mothers, sisters and daughters. Only then can we solve the problems of hunger, poverty, conflict and destruction of our Mother Earth.
    Riane Eisler presented her book before the UN on 16 September this year and received a standing ovation for it. I can send you the transcription of her speech if you’re interested. Because we have to do more than criticizing the present deploring reality (as most of the books on your reading list do): we have to find alternative ways to cure ourselves and live in harmony with each other and our Mother Earth.

• worlQuache said:

Hello wonderful people. I have utilized logic in my thought process, and I have come to realize that, poverty exists, because we believe in “money”. Simile, if there were no sand, could there be a possibility of a sandstorm? If there was no money, could poverty exist? Now, on ending poverty. We have to shift our paradigm. We have to stop believing in the ownership concept. We, as humans, are capable of organized agriculture. We can come together and build cob/adobe homes that we need. We have to stop believing in the “one true, invisible god”, that we have been conditioned to believe in, and steadfastly hold onto. What is our reason, for being? Is it to have the highest FICO score? Who says we have to buy and sell. We, do not own anything. We have to follow nature’s lead. Think of the planet, kind of like the human body. Humans, akin to the blood cells. These blood cells, are mining the liver, lungs, spleen, liver, all for the sake of capital. Like an autoimmune disease, we are destroying ourselves. Everything is related. I have started to vlog on youtube. I am leaving the truth that I have learned, for my son. http://www.youtube.com/worlQuache Capitalism is about profit, not people. I have also blogged on http://www.myspace.com/worlQuache “On ending poverty”. Check it out. Peace, always.

• Beth (author) said:

Thanks for taking the time to write. Our film, The End of Poverty? (in case you didn’t actually see it, available on Netflix) helps explain how this system was created. Check it out and keep talking – education is the first step.

• championne du monde jetski said:

Wonderful blog post

• Marcelle Cendrars said:

I am a colleague of Raj Oxman’s, participating in an effort to end poverty in California and beyond, using the model which Upton Sinclair embraced in his 1930s gubernatorial run as a point of departure. I’d like readers and Cinema Libre colleagues to respond to our take of your admirable goal of securing 10 million signatures. Petitions are a good idea at times, but hardly ever when they are used as one’s primary or exclusive means for bringing about change in a given realm. I’ll give one example. Oxman and I and eight other colleagues all signed the petition to save Troy Davis’ life in Georgia not too long ago. We signed along with the Pope, Jimmy Carter, Desmond Tutu, Angela Davis, conservative Georgia politicians (who favor the death penalty), AND about a million other folks wanting to save innocent Troy from capital punishment. It didn’t work. Which doesn’t mean that we should not have signed. What it meant for us — knowing that it was unlikely to work — was that we went immediately to work (AFTER SIGNING)trying to do something supplemental which might have a shot at being effective. This begs for discussion, especially since we have a “supplement” to offer interested parties regarding the termination of hunger worldwide. Will you contact me at APTOSNEWS [at] gmail [dot] com?

• völlig kostenlos! Teste uns noch heute und genieße die Vielfalt aller Sky Sender in top Qualität said:

Hey There. I found your blog using msn. This is a very smartly written article.
    I’ll make sure to bookmark it and come back to learn more of your helpful info.
    Thanks for the post. I’ll definitely comeback.

• Oliver said:

Excellent blog! Do you have any recommendations for aspiring writers?

I’m hoping to start my own blog soon but I’m a little lost on everything.
    Would you propose starting with a free platform like WordPress or go for a paid
    option? There are so many choices out there that I’m completely overwhelmed ..
    Any ideas? Bless you!

• Beth (author) said:

WordPress is great! There are tons of tutorials on Youtube about building websites, etc.

Leave your response!

Be nice. Keep it clean. Stay on topic. No spam.

You can use these tags: